How Does Restylane Work?
Restylane is a cosmetic dermal filler made of clear hyaluronic acid gel, a natural substance that already exists in the human body. The hyaluronic acid creates volume in the face, giving it a healthy, youthful appearance. When Restylane is injected directly into areas where the body’s collagen has been weakened, depressions can be raised to the level of surrounding skin. This smoothens and minimizes facial lines and most types of scars. In addition, skin texture is improved and has a softer and more even tone.
The Different Types of Restylane
There are multiple products within the Restylane family that are designed for different areas of the face.
- Restylane – Add volume and fullness to the skin to correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, including the nasolabial folds (the lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth).
- Restylane Silk – Add fullness and definition to lips with natural-looking results after just one treatment. It is also ideal to help smooth the wrinkles and lines around the mouth.
- Restylane Lyft (formerly called Perlane) – Used to increase volume and smooth wrinkles in the cheek and mid-face area.
- Restylane Refyne and Defyne – Specially formulated for injection into the mid-to-deep dermis for correction of moderate to severe deep facial wrinkles and folds (such as the nasolabial folds). Dr. Crabtree is also using the new Refyne product for use in the lips to give a softer, longer lasting finish with less swelling.
How Long Does Restylane Last?
While results can vary from patient to patient, a Restylane study reported the following standards:
- Facial Volume: Up to 12 months.
- Plump Lips: Up to 6 months.
- Smooth Wrinkles: Up to 18 months.
Is Restylane Painful?
As with any injection, patients can report feeling pain. However, at Crabtree Plastic Surgery, we use advanced techniques to ensure as minimal discomfort as possible. If you’re scared of needles or simply feel uncomfortable with the injection, you can request an anesthetic (numbing cream) to aid any discomfort. We now also offer nitrous oxide (laughing gas) if patients truly desire a pain-free experience
How Much Does Restylane Cost?
One syringe of the Restylane product is $700. We are partners with the Aspire Rewards Program which offers our patients discounts and rewards on all of their Galderma products. The information on this program is shown below. Rest assure, we do all the work to maintain your account so you can just enjoy the benefits.
What is the Aspire Rewards Program?
Aspire Rewards is a free program offered by the manufacturer of the Galderma family of products. Once you join, you will be rewarded instantly with a $20 welcome certificate. You will also receive access to exclusive perks and discounts on all the treatments you love. You will also have the opportunity to start raising your status level for even more rewards.
Using Galderma aesthetic products isn’t the only want to earn points. They also reward your loyalty in other unique ways throughout your aesthetic journey.
At Crabtree Plastic Surgery, we make it easy for you to keep track of your points and rewards by doing all the necessary paperwork for you. We will check your account prior to your visit and make sure that you are credited with any certificates or discounts that you have earned.
Products and rewards are:
- Dysport: 200 points per visit
- Restylane Lyft: up to 400 treatment points per visit
- Restylane Silk: up to 400 treatment points per visit
- Restylane: up to 400 treatment points per visit
- Restylane L: up to 400 treatment points per visit
- Restylane Refyne: up to 400 treatment points per visit
- Restylane Defyne: up to 400 treatment points per visit
- Sculptra Aesthetic: 250 points per vial; up to 500 points per visit
You can also receive 100 reward points for each referred friend who joins the program up to 5 friends in a calendar year.